Blogroll

l

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rising and Shining

A long day at work, and an intense workout at the gym (due to my new spotter/work out buddy), means I am tired and pretty worn out. I still do have things I want to write about.


For now I'll give you this. If you haven't read Psalms much, do it! I've been reading David's Psalms a lot more lately, and its incredible the stuff David says. His admiration, reverence, humbleness before God, while at the same time his questioning, and often times anger, while still recognizing who his great God is.

One thing that stood out to me as I randomly flipped through Psalms was this:

"I will love You, O Lord, my strength
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust
MY shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies" - Psalm 18:1-3

It's incredible that the same God who creates this world. Gives us breath. And guides our days, is the same God we can call on and derive our strength from. Be encouraged. Man has nothin' on you, because God has everything on you.

Some thoughts penned out since I'm tired.
Talk to you tomorrow,
Dan

0 comments:

Post a Comment