Blogroll

l

Friday, July 15, 2011

Honey and the Bee

Well today is, or I should say was, since its just about over, Friday! End of the week. The weekEND. Praise the Lord, hallelujah. Today was a very long day at work, with a nice relaxing dinner with Grandad, but I'm so glad it's finally the end of what seemd like an unending week.


This week was a tough, tiring, emotional week filled with things I didn't feel like I need, but obviously God did. Boy I need a hug. I felt like this week could have possibly been good, since last week wasn't, but it just didn't seem to get better.

Anyways, at this point I don't want to ramble about such stuff. I might, let's say Sunday, but for now I've got two things I definitely want to talk about, one tomorrow, one today.

I went to Margie's Diner with Granddad today for dinner. And it was a nice conversation hearing about how hard he worked in his earlier years of life, and what it lead to for him. I received much experienced advice from him, that will hopefully kick into my mind, and give me vigor for the future. "You have to work hard to get the things you want, things don't come easy." I'm so frustrated working two jobs, and hopefully adding a third (if I get the job at Splash). I wanted more summer. More fun. More vacation. And instead I'm getting little sleep, and not much free time at all. But if there's anything I've learned from his countless hours, countless jobs, and sacrifice, its that hard work will pay off. I'm pretty sure that the Bible can say it better than I when, in Proverbs it states:

"Lazy people want much, but get little, but those who work hard will prosper and be satisfied" -Proverbs 13:4

I can't sit and wait for things to happen. I can't expect things to be handed to me. They haven't for the past 5 years, so why would they all of a sudden be now? It is energizing to think of this verse, and if I really just dig in and work hard, the Lord will make me prosper. But at the same time it is depressing for me, I hate the fact I'm growing up. I wish life was just kicking back and going to high school, but now I must care for myself, earn money to keep me fed, and go to college. Ugh. Life.

But God's got my life under His hands. Trust, that's all I have to do (well, and work hard).
Anyways,
Signing out with love,
Dan

0 comments:

Post a Comment