Blogroll

l

Monday, June 14, 2010

Love.

Here am I.
I'm sorry for the wait (if anybody reads this thing!)
I also should have been sitting here yesterday.
Please forgive me, I was tired.

Last night was an incredible, nostalgic, emotional, wonderful night.
It was the baccalaureate service for all us graduating seniors! I've got to say, its absolutely crazy to see how we've matured and grown in the past years! But the service wasn't the highlight. Even though it was amazing to worship, see baby pictures, and hear from Matt...it was the night at Ken Peet's house that was marvelous.

Sitting in a living room with twenty somethin' seniors, we all had the opportunity to share what we love about each other, and it was....wow. It is absolutely amazing to think of how many memories I have of (and had with) each and every one of them. It was so encouraging to see people's hands shoot up to tell of the things that they enjoyed and admired about the person.

It was a perfect example of what love is. Every person in that room at some time had "difficult" times with others in it as well, but the fact that we were able to open our hearts and find things about these people we loved, was wonderful.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says that:

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails."

Through all the times we've been through, I know that we all love each other dearly, as one in Christ. I just can't stress how much I adored last night.

And this leads me into my next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment